I am currently a Senior Lecturer and a Scientia Fellow @ School of Computer Science and Engineering , The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia. I was Australia Research Council (ARC) Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) Fellow between 2016-2018 (awarded in 2015).
I am directing the Data Dynamics Lab (D2 Lab). We strive to develop data mining and machine learning techniques and algorithms towards real-world problems in the areas of Internet of Things, recommender systems, human behaviour analysis and Brain Computer Interface. Our research is motivated by, and contributes to, various applications in healthcare, cyber security, transportation, industry 4.0 and e-commerce. Visit our Youtube Channel for taking a closer look at our research. Our research has also been attracting media coverage, such as Australian Financial Review , New South Wales government and featured in UNSW News.
Before I joined UNSW in 2016, I was a lecturer and an ARC reseach associate at The University of Adelaide (UoA). I received my PhD degree and Master degree under Prof. Michael Sheng's supervision both from UoA in 2014 and 2010, respectively, and my Bachelor degree from Shandong University (SDU). I worked at China Unicom as an engineer and studied a Master's degree at Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications (NUPT).
Call For Papers
Lina Yao, University of New South Wales, email@example.com
Xianzhi Wang, University of Technology Sydney, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Sheng, Macquarie University, email@example.com
Dimitrios Georgakopoulos, Swinburne Uni of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD scholarship is available, check it out!
- I am invited as PC member of KDD 2020!
- Congratulations to Dalin on his paper accepted by JBHI!
- I am awarded Scientia Fellowship commencing in 2020!
- Congratulations to Zhihui for her Best Paper Award of ADMA 2019!
- Congratulations to Shuai for securing PostDoc position in ETH Zurich!
- Congratulations to Xiang for securing PostDoc position in Harvard Medical School!
- Congratulations to Dr. Shuai Zhang! Best wishes for his future endeavors!
- Congratulations to Zhihui on her paper accepted by AAAI-20!
- Four papers are accepted by AAAI-20 (acceptance rate:20.6%, 1591 out of 7737)
- Congratulations to Dalin on his paper accepted by TNSRE!
- Congratulations to Shuai on his paper accepted by NeurIPS 2019 (acceptance rate: 21%, 1428 out of 6743)!
- I will serve as Associate Editor for ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.
- A survey regarding deep learning for Brain Computer Interface advances is available, check it out !
- Congratulations to Xiang on his paper accepted by ICDM 2019 as Regular paper (acceptance rate: 9.08%)!
- Congratulations to Dr. Xiaodong Ning! My first PhD graduate as primary supervisor!
- Congratulations to Lei, Kaixuan, Feng and Shuai on their papers accepted by IJCAI 2019!
- Five papers are accepted by IJCAI 2019 (acceptance rate:17.9%, 850 out of 4752)
- Congratulations to Xiang on his paper accepted by KDD 2019 Research Track! (acceptance rate:14%, ~160 out of ~1200)
Call For Papers
Lead Guest Editors
Xing Xie, Microsoft Research Asia, China
Bin Guo, Northwestern Ploytechnical University, China
FEA Lina Yao, The University of New South Wales, AU
Yong Li, Tsinghua University, China
Xia Hu, Texas A&M University, USA
- Congratulations to Kaixuan, Zhihui and Shuai on their papers accepted by AAAI-19!
- Three papers are accepted by AAAI-19 (acceptance rate:16.2%, 1150 out of 7095)
- Warm congratulations to my student, Xiang, who has been awarded a 2018 Google Ph.D. Fellowship in Human-Computer Interactions (HCI)
- Warm congratulations to my student, Xiang, on his Ubicomp 2018 paper "MindID: Person Identification from Brain Waves through Attention-based Recurrent Neural Network"!
- Warm congratulations to my student, Manqing, on her WISE 2018 paper "DUAL: A Deep Unified Attention Model with Latent Relation Representations for Fake News Detection"!
- Warm congratulations to my student, Xiaodong, on his WISE 2018 paper "Data-Augmented Regression with Generative Convolutional Network"!
- Warm congratulations to my student, Lei, on his LCN 2018 paper "Automatic Device Classification from Network Traffic Streams of Internet of Things"!
- Warm congratulations to my student, Xiang, on his IJCAI 2018 paper "Multi-modality Sensor Data Classification with Selective Attention"!
- Warm congratulations to my student, Shuai, on his IJCAI 2018 paper "NeuRec: On Nonlinear Transformation for Personalized Ranking"!
- Warm congratulations to my student, Kaixuan, on her IJCNN 2018 paper "Interpretable Parallel Recurrent Neural Networks with Convolutional Attentions for Multi-Modality Activity Modeling "!
- I successfully secured UNSW-Tsinghua University Collaborative Research Fund 2018 as Lead CI
- Warm congratulations to my student, Dalin, on his PAKDD 2018 paper "Fuzzy Integral Optimization with Deep Q-Network for EEG-based Intention Recognition"!
- Two papers are accepted by PAKDD 2018
- Warm congratulations to my student, Xiang, on his Percom 2018 paper "Converting Your Thougts to Texts: Enabling Brain Typing via Deep Feature Learning of EEG Signals"!
- A brain typing research prototype in Percom2018 paper is available now. Check it out from Youtube Channel
- I am the PC member for IJCAI 2018.
- Warm congratulations to my student, Dalin, on his AAAI-18 paper ". Cascade and Parallel Convolutional Recurrent Neural Networks on EEG-based Intention Recognition for Brain Computer Interface"!
- Three papers are accepted by AAAI 2018
- Twitter can be used for quick response to crisis? Yes. Check it out from Youtube Channel
- Our paper about location recommendation is accepted by TOIT.
- Our paper about smart homes and Internet of Things is accepted by Computing.
- Three papers are accepted by Mobiquitous 2017. Congratulations to Xiang Zhang!
- Two papers are accepted by ICONIP 2017. Congratulations to Xiang Zhang and Shuai Zhang!
- I am the PC member for AAAI 2018.
- Our paper is accepted by CUSR.
- I am the PC member for CIKM 2017.
- Congratulations to Shuai Zhang for winning ACM SIGIR 2017 Travel Grant!
- Our paper is accepted as regular paper by IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
- Congratulations to Shuai Zhang for his paper accepted in SIGIR 2017!
- Our paper is accepted as regular paper by WWWJ.
- I am the PC Co-Chair for IEEE BigDataSE 2017.
- I am the Demo and Poster Chair for MobiQuitous 2017.
- I am the PC member for ICWS 2017.
- Our paper is accepted as regular paper by TKDD.
- Our paper is accepted as regular paper by WWWJ.
- Our paper is accepted as regular paper by TIST.
- Our paper is accepted as regular paper by TKDE.
- I am the PC member for AAAI-17.
- One PhD scholarship is open now! Deadline is 18 August.
- Our papers are accepted as full papers by CIKM 2016.
- Our papers is accepted as a full paper by ICSOC 2016.
- Fresh research demo regarding sentiment analysis using smart phone is up, check it out from Youtube Channel
- Our paper is accepted as a full paper by ECML-PKDD 2016.
- Our paper is accepted as a full paper by Ubicomp 2016.
- I am the PC member for International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2016.
- I successfully secured Pilot Competitive Evaluation Research Agreement Program 2016.
- I am the Program Co-Chair for The Australasian Web Conference (AWC 2017).